Saturday 9 April 2011

Consumption

I distributed my Music Video through; Youtube - Youtube is one of the most popular ways of consuming music videos in modern day society. A single video can reach millions of people in seconds.This was my main form of distribution;



My music video also appears in the suggested video side bar when other similar videos are being watched/searched, this helps to reach a wider audience;



The stats of my music video show that my video has been viewed by a link from facebook, by people typing the video in the youtube search bar, and by people clicking on the video from a suggested link. It shows my music video is being consumed in a variety of ways.



I used facebook as another form of distribution. I posted it onto facebook, and this has the opportunity to reach a different audience more suited to my target audience. It has proved to be very popular -



Other people can also share my music video on their own facebook accounts - again reaching another audience - Gary Addison - Aged 43 posted it on his account where an older audience could view it, compared to the younger audience viewing it from my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment