Friday 15 April 2011

Written Evaluation: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

From my research I learnt that artists carry the same style throughout due to their album. For example, as shown on my website research, artists often use graphics from their album cover on their website, and often these are in the same style or images from a music video for a track on their current album.
If an artist creates a new album and the style changes, then they change the design of the website, but they also match and keep to the same style.

I wanted to create this with my products. As the track I chose, was off the album Rated R, where all the tracks are quite dark and gothic like, I decided to have a dark and edgey style to my products. So I stuck to a monotone colour scheme with hints of red.

During the filming of my music video, I did photoshoot’s for images I could use on my album digi-pack and website to ensure my products matched and had the same professional style.

My album digi-pack featured only images taken from the music video shoots and I edited these to fit with the style. They were edited to black and white, with sharp shadows to fit in with the holding cell shots of the music video, and I also added a warm red tint to the images to give the album a little warmth but of a colour that represents ‘danger’. This tied in with the subtle meaning of the message about domestic violence.



My website was created with a dark colour scheme, with splashed of red and images from the music video shoots.



My overall collection of, music video, album digi-pack and website work really well together and follows the same style and it is obvious they are all part of the same artists.
My artist Facebook Page, again contains images from the shoots as well as the music video itself, giving an extra product to tie in with the collection.
I feel all my products look professional and met the forms and conventions of professional products.

No comments:

Post a Comment