Sunday 27 March 2011

Album Digipack Creation

I created my album artwork using Photoshop. I ensured I had every important feautre that are displayed on the majority of artists album artwork:
- Barcode

- Track List

- Record Label Logo & Distributor Logo

- Record Label & Artist website

I used images taken from a filming day photoshoot as they had good lighting and created interesting shadows. I feel the photographs looked professional and are similar to many featured in professional album packs.

I edited the photographs with a warm redish tint to them, to represent the 'emotional pain' that each song from the album represents, especially G4L being about the fight against domestic violence.

For the front cover I chose a close up shot, which is very stereotypical for the R'n'B genre as it gives a feel of intensity and closeness to the artist.

For the inside, the black circle indicates where the CD would fit and the black line represents the pouch in which a booklet will hold. Artists often included a booklet of either pictures, song lyrics or information about each song.



Click on image to see a full sized verison



No comments:

Post a Comment