Sunday 13 March 2011

Target Audience - Focus Group




I held a focus group with sixth form students aged 16 – 18, both male and female. I played them my chosen song and asked them to write down what they imagined whilst listening to the song, from locations to colours, editing ideas or mis-en-scen.
We then had a group discussion and documented their thoughts and ideas. Some of these matched with some of my initial ideas, and some new ideas came to light. This enabled me to develop my initial ideas further.

Ideas that matched my initial ideas were;
- Black & White
- Lower class area
- Fast editing/close ups
- Attractive female
- Slow motion

Some New ideas included;
- Castle
- Forest
- Emotional feel


My initial ideas proved to be strong ideas that my target audience would expect to see and therefore should be successful.
The bones of my ideas can be filled out and developed further.

No comments:

Post a Comment