Sunday 27 March 2011

Album Digipack - Research




As the album rated r is quite a unique style, I thought it was best to research the album cover of Rated R itself as well a single from the album, to analyse the style so I can adopt it into my designs to ensure my product fits the genre. The album is full of very dark and edgey tracks and her album cover and single covers reflect this, with the dark colour scheme, fake barbed wire and a stern look to herself.

Like many solo female artists, the images are close ups to allow the audience to feel engaged by the artist and to portray the emotion.





On the Russian Rouletter cover, even though she is wrapped in barbed wire, she still portrays sex appeal which is important to the majority of solo female artists.



The back of albums are important;



After researching these, I found that the main features that are found on the back of female solo artists albums are;

- Track List
- Bar code (doesn't always appear on the bottom of the album)
- Image
- Record label - In form of a website or symbols
- Some also feature an artists website.



I wish to include these feature into my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment